When we overdo online gaming, there are repercussions in our thought and behaviour patterns.
This can end up effecting us and those we care about and live with.
Here are some of the self-defeating behaviour symptoms’ that indicate your gaming habits has become unhealthy. Both for your mind and body and those around you:
- Thinking about gaming all or a lot of the time.
- Feeling irritated when somebody ask to do something which means leaving your game.
- Feeling bad when you can’t play.
- Needing to spend more and more time playing to feel good.
- Not being able to quit or even play less.
- Feeling guilt as you know deep down your gaming is taking over your life.
- No longer caring about what or when you eat.
- Not wanting to do other things that you used to like.
- Snapping at someone when they point out the changes, they see in you.
- Having problems at work, school, or home because of your gaming.
- No longer sleeping deeply and feeling tired much of the waking day.
If these symptoms reflect your reality, it is advisable that you consciously make an effort to find alternatives to gaming that you enjoy. By replacing gaming with an alternative, healthy action you enjoy, it may allow some of the negatives of excessive online gaming to ease.